3/4 RS Class Blog

I used to think…now I think…

Olympic Blog

August24

Write a review about the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympics. You should have been following the Games for the last two weeks.

Describe at least three aspects that impressed you. You can comment on the torch , the athletes and their achievements, the equipment, the city, various countries or any other features that interested you. The blog needs to contain at least eight interesting sentences.
After you have finished drafting, re-read, review and correct your grammar, spelling and punctuation. Next, get a grown up to read over what you’ve written. When everything is as it should be, post it on your class blog page.

When you comment on the blog an email will be sent to your teachers and they will have to approve your comments before they are published. This is for cyber safety. Remember, your post will not be approved by your teacher if it contains mistakes. Don’t forget to share your blog with your parents.

by posted under Uncategorized | 23 Comments »    

“Olympic Blog”

1. September 7th, 2016 at 8:04 pm      Reply Tahlia Says:

At this years Olympic Games, I really enjoyed watching the tennis. When Serena Williams won her 4th Olympic gold medal, I was very impressed. I’m also very amazed by Usain Bolt’s 100m big WIN. Having watched my very first opening ceremony I liked when the Olympians carried a plant and put the plant in the wall. I also enjoyed seeing all of the different countries’ flags. It showed me just how many countries are involved with the Olympics.

2. September 7th, 2016 at 5:20 pm      Reply Jack Says:

I liked watching Usain Bolt win the 100 metre sprint for the third time in a row
    and the soccer.
    I also thought that the rings in the men’s gymnastics was pretty amazing!!!!!!!!
    I enjoyed the Olympics and look forward to the Paralympics!

3. September 1st, 2016 at 4:37 pm      Reply Olivia Says:

Olympics

The Rio Olympic games really cracked me up!
    It’s such a sight to see.
    Let’s cut straight to the chase.

The opening ceremony was pretty good I liked all the actions and movements.
    Next, I saw the gun shooting, as soon as Katherine Skinner shot the target, o my gosh I was so excited, I think my jaw hit the ground! I am really sad this happens ONLY every four years, but let’s look at the bright side, It’s still good we have the Olympics!

Some of the sports were tennis, water polo, athletics, swimming, rugby sevens, badminton and so many more, I don’t think I can list them!
    I also liked it when the Aussies won some Gold medals (They did a great job)

The next four years will be awesome
    (I think)
    I can’t wait ’till the Paralympics!

4. September 1st, 2016 at 11:00 am      Reply Aaron Says:

The Rio Olympic games were great.
    It was pretty impressive that Usain Bolt won his third 100m race.
    Usain Bolt is from the country Jamaica.
    I watched the Olympic Games.
    My favourite was the running races because it is always so exciting to watch who’s going to win.
    I liked the detail on both the Rio Brazil mascots.Their names are Tom and Vinicius.
    Vinicius is made up of Brazilian animals. Tom is made up of Brazilian plants.

5. September 1st, 2016 at 9:32 am      Reply Flynn Says:

BMX Racing
    I was happy to see the Australian BMX riders have a fun time and try their best.
    The BMX track was bumpy, like large waves, made from dirt and tar.
    The bikes were made from aluminium and were very light. They only have one gear and simple brakes.
    The equipment that the riders wore included helmets, goggles, pants, tops, gloves and elbow and knee pads. They also wore shoes that clipped into their pedals so that their feet didn’t slip off the pedals.
    Each BMX race was only one lap around the course. Each race was about 40 seconds long.
    The course was twisty and very bumpy to test the riders’ skills. Each rider tries to get the best position they can.
    The riders train for about 7 hours a day and they have to be strong like sprinters. Their power increases as they get older and stronger.

6. August 30th, 2016 at 8:43 pm      Reply Ava Says:

The Rio Olympic games were amazing.
    The opening ceremony was one of my favourite parts, particularly the story they told about the generations. I got bored when all the countries were walking out, it went for like 3 hours.
    I also enjoyed watching Chloe Espisito win gold in the pentathlon as I didn’t know much about that sport.
    The Opals and Boomers matches were very exciting. Boomers lost by 1 point in the bronze match, Opals lost by 2 points not getting into to the medal match.

I also liked watching Fiji win gold in rugby because they have never won gold and watching them sing their song.

I loved the Olympics in Rio cant wait till the Paralympics

7. August 30th, 2016 at 7:55 pm      Reply Isaac Says:

The 2016 Rio Olympic games had many great moments.
    Some of the great moments were when Usain Bolt won the 100 & the 200 metre sprints for the third time which is an Olympic record.

While out watching the Olympics some of the particular sports I enjoyed were basketball, all of the athletics, soccer, boxing, golf, rugby 7 and wrestling. These are only some of the sports I enjoyed.

One of the funny moments was when the water of the diving pool went from blue to green. It looked like someone had put green cordial in the pool. It was like a reminder for the Census.

I look forward to the next games when I will be in Year 8.

8. August 30th, 2016 at 6:55 pm      Reply Ella Says:

My favourite events at the Rio Olympic Games were the swimming and Gymnastics and the Synchronised swimming.
    Some of my favourite athletes are Emma McKeon, Cate Campbell and Bronte Campbell.
    I also liked when Cate and Bronte won medals even if it wasn’t gold.
    One of my favourite parts of the games was when Chloe Esposito won a gold medal in Modern Pentathlon.
    I also enjoyed the athletics, especially the hurdles.
    I can’t wait for the Paralympics.

9. August 30th, 2016 at 5:49 pm      Reply Christos Says:

The Olympics in Brazil was very exciting to watch.
    I enjoyed the opening ceremony because I liked seeing the Olympians walk out with their Country Flag. They were very happy to be there.

The event that I enjoyed was the soccer, especially the men’s Soccer Final between Brazil and Germany. This match went to penalty shoot outs and Brazil won when Neymar scored the winning penalty goal. The Brazilian Team were very happy to receive the gold medal.

I learnt that throughout the Olympics that it takes a lot of hard work, determination and belief in yourself to be an Olympian Athlete. So in my eyes all are winners.

10. August 29th, 2016 at 9:06 pm      Reply Mikayla Says:

Rio De Janiero 2016 Olympic Games

I enjoyed the 2016 Olympic Games, it was the first time I watched the event with my family.

The most interesting event was watching Usain Bolt perform his running events. He won gold medals in the 4x100m, 200m and 100m.

This year the Italian team won gold and bronze medals in the 1500m freestyle swimming event. Gregorio Paltrinieri won gold and Gabriele Detti won bronze, this was a happy moment for Italy!

Cate Campbell is an Australian swimmer. This year Cate won gold in the 4x100m freestyle and silver in the 4x100m medley. Cate is sisters with Bronte Campbell, another successful Australian swimmer.

Emma McKeon is an Australian swimmer. This year Emma won gold in the 4x100m freestyle, silver in the 4x100m medley, silver in the 4x200m freestyle and bronze 200m freestyle.

Simone Biles is a USA gymnast. Simone won 4 gold and 1 bronze in the Vault floor, exercise team, all-around, individual-all around and beam.

I can’t wait for the paralympics!

11. August 29th, 2016 at 8:25 pm      Reply Fionn Says:

In the 2016 Rio Olympics the Australian Opals have had great achievement, with just losing one game.

In the Athletics Usain Bolt has done pretty well, winning all of his events, winning three Gold medals and getting his ninth medal.

Swimming. In the Swimming Cate and Bronte Campbell have done well by winning twelve medals all up.

In archery the men’s team have had a good time getting the bronze against China.

Shooting. In the shooting Catherine Skinner has done well with winning one gold.

In the soccer I was surprised that Brazil beat Germany because the men’s team of Germany won the World Cup not long ago.

The women’s rugby sevens team did pretty well by winning gold.

Rowing. In the rowing Kim Brennan did well in the single sculls by winning gold on her birthday.

Can’t Wait Till The Paralympics.

12. August 29th, 2016 at 7:58 pm      Reply Jorja Says:

The Rio 2016 Olympic games were incredible! There were fireworks, medal presentations, the Olympic torch and heaps more.

The opening ceremony was AMAZING! There were flames bursting everywhere. Each country got to do their dance to represent their country.

The sports that I watched the most, were gymnastics, basketball, swimming, hockey and the running. They were all great. I did watch a bit of rugby, Tennis, Archery and water polo.

13. August 29th, 2016 at 7:41 pm      Reply Cooper Says:

OLYMPICS
    In the Olympics I was following the Basketball and it was very entertaining. The men lost in the semi final against Serbia, as well as the women, who lost to Serbia in the quarterfinals. It was sad but at least they made it to the finals. The Brazilian women’s team didn’t make it to the finals.

I was also following the soccer even though Australia wasn’t in the soccer. I still loved watching Brazil in the final against Germany which they drew in overtime. It took them to a penalty shootout and Neymar JR scored the winning goal and then he started to cry.

The athletics for Usain Bolt was awesome. He won 3 Gold medals no Silver and no Bronze. He won the Gold medals from the 4×100 relay, 200 metre sprint and the 100 metre sprint.

Australia medal tally –
    8 Gold 11 Silver 10 Bronze

14. August 29th, 2016 at 6:04 pm      Reply Henry Says:

The 2016 Rio Olympics Games were interesting.

On the 1st day, the Australian women’s swimming team won a gold medal and a world record in the 4x100m swimming relay.

Usain Bolt won the 100m, 200m and the 4x100m relay for the 3rd time, getting 9 gold medals in 3 Olympics.

Michael Phelps won 23 gold medals at the end of his swimming career and at the Olympics he won 5 gold medals at Rio. He almost won 24, but Joseph Schooling from Singapore beat him.

Some of the sports I enjoyed were:
    Basketball
    Swimming
    Beach Volleyball
    Hockey
    and especially the women’s ruby 7, because Australia won a gold medal.

Those are some of my highlights
    PS I am so excited for the paralympics

15. August 29th, 2016 at 5:57 pm      Reply Siena Says:

2016 Rio Olympics

This year was the 2016 Rio Olympics.

I was so amazed when Australia beat the women’s 4×100 Olympic record in swimming.

I was also impressed when Thiago Braz da Silva, who was a local, won gold in pole vault.

The opening ceremony was great too. The fireworks were so bright and colourful. I loved Rio’s act most. I liked there’s most when the indigenous Brazilians twisted the string and the sailors weaved among them.

I can’t wait until the 2020 Tokyo Olympics!

16. August 28th, 2016 at 6:56 pm      Reply Spencer Says:

Olympics
    The three things that impressed me were the cauldron, the women’s 4×100 metres freestyle, Kyle Chalmers winning gold and Chloe Esposito coming back and winning gold.

The women’s 4×100 meters freestyle.
    I was jumping up and down saying ‘go, go, go’. It was the last hundred metres and Kate Campbell was swimming it. They were on world record pace, and beating all the other countries. They touched the wall first, they go their first gold medal of the Rio games.

Kyle Chalmers winning gold
    I did not get to watch it live but I watched it on in Rio today. It was amazing he came back from 7th spot to first. He is only 18 years old. It showed his school mates they were so happy.

Chloe Esposito
    I only watched the end and I am glad I did. She started the shooting in 7th spot and shot five in a row, and she was off. Australia got another gold medal.

Those are only some of the things that impressed me.

17. August 28th, 2016 at 5:18 pm      Reply Molly Says:

When the Olympics were on I watched the swimming, the athletics and the gymnastics.

I think the swimming is cool. The thing that impressed me the most is when we won gold and broke the world record.

I loved the gymnastics, mostly the artistic gymnastics because they do really cool dances. The gymnastics is probably my favourite game ever!

I really loved the athletics. I only watched the ones with Bolt the 100, 200, 300 etc.

THIS WAS THE FIRST OLYMPICS I ACTUALLY WATCHED!

18. August 27th, 2016 at 9:34 pm      Reply Will Says:

This year the Olympic games have been in Rio De Janiero, Brazil. I’ll talk about the achievements in sports and in countries.

The first thing I’ll be talking about is that in the basketball the Boomers and the Opals went so well in the Olympics.

Next the Aussies in the pool, they won so many medals in the pool.

Next the USA, the USA got the most Olympic medals this year, with 46 gold, 37 silver, and 38 bronze with the total of 121.The basketball, the USA won against the Aussies. The USA in the volleyball were so good they eliminated a lot of teams.

Next the Aussie sharks in the waterpolo, they drew against Hungary, that was a good game.

Thank you for reading my text about the 2016 Rio De Janiero Olympic games.

19. August 27th, 2016 at 8:17 pm      Reply Sam Says:

Athletes: I enjoyed watching all the athletes play in their sports and get their medals. I was amazed at how well all the athletes did. I watched the basketball and saw the women’s team do really well.

Sports: I liked all the different sports that were in the 2016 Olympics. I liked seeing new sports such as fencing, modern pentathlon, equestrian, some cycling events and badminton.

Achievements: I liked seeing all the countries and athletes achieving all their goals, such as, USA coming first in men’s basketball. Mack Horton getting gold in swimming and Chloe Esposito getting gold in the modern pentathlon. I also saw USA come first in the medal tally. I was really proud of Australia coming 10th.
    I am looking forward to the Paralympics

20. August 26th, 2016 at 7:53 pm      Reply Joshua Says:

During the Olympic Games, the sports I were following are Tennis, Soccer and Swimming. In tennis, the thing that inspired me the most was how Juan Martin Del Potro, World number 246 could beat Rafael Nadal, World number 5, in the semi-final.
    In soccer, what inspired me was how Brazil beat Germany in the final because they had never won a Gold medal before and it was their fist Gold medal in Soccer.
    In swimming, I was inspired by Michael Phelps because he won his 25th Gold medal and he shows everyone that anything is possible as long as you believe in yourself, you can do anything you want to.

21. August 26th, 2016 at 7:20 pm      Reply Mackenzie Says:

My favorite events and athletes were swimming and gymnastics and Emily Seebohm and Simone Biles. I like watching all the techniques they use. The Olympics went for seventeen days, there were certain times the particular events were on. The Olympics are every four years. After the diving the divers go into a hot tub because the pool isn’t very warm. The swimmers wear caps. Most nations come to the Olympics to compete.

22. August 25th, 2016 at 4:25 pm      Reply Reese Says:

The 2016 Rio Olympic Games were very exiting. There were things such as fireworks, medals, the Olympic torch and so much more.

Let’s start at the beginning. The opening ceremony
    was quite a sight, the cauldron was lit, each country was introduced, and had a performance to show, and there were fireworks, It was so exiting!

Some of the sports were tennis, water polo, rugby, hokey, kayaking, swimming, athletics, archery, boxing, horse riding and my favorite sport of all basketball! The Aussies aren’t doing so well, but the rugby sevens girls won gold! The Opals were so close to getting through to the finals losing by two points! And the boys were so close to winning bronze losing by one point!

I can’t wait till the Paralympics!