3/4 RS Class Blog

I used to think…now I think…

ACMI Excursion

April19

Draft a review of our ACMI excursion. Describe at least three aspects that impressed you about the day. You can comment on the technology, the green screen, costumes, the instructors, the particular jobs you were given, acting, special visual and sound effects, Screen Worlds Exhibition, pre-production, production and post-production, or any other features that interested you. The blog needs to have at least eight interesting sentences.

After you have finished drafting, re-read, review and correct your grammar, spelling and punctuation. Next, get a grown up to read over what you’ve written. When everything is as it should be, post it on your class blog page.

by posted under Uncategorized | 22 Comments »    

“ACMI Excursion”

1. May 13th, 2016 at 12:52 pm      Reply Joshua Says:

On Tuesday, the 19th of April, half the 3/4 level went on an excursion to ACMI. (Australian Centre for the Moving Image). This is my review of the excursion and what I did on the day.

I arrived at school and immediately the teachers were telling students to line up. We all got on the bus and headed off to ACMI.
    When we arrived, we were taken to studio 1. The first thing I saw was the massive green-screen! We sat down and got told that group A was going to film first and that group B was going to go down into Screen Worlds. I was in group B so I went to Screen Worlds first.
    We were asked to find three objects. The Zoetrope, the Oscar award and the Toy Story characters. We were also asked to find out some information about these figures. We entered Screen Worlds and went of to find these objects. I found the Zoetrope first. It was moving really fast and the lights were flickering even faster! After the display was finished I went and played some games. A half hour later, it was time for recess.

After recess, we went into studio 1, to film. I was Dwayne, Andrew was Rob, Siena was Angie and Olivia was Stacey. When we filmed, we didn’t make any mistakes. We were pretty much flawless. After filming, we went out for lunch.

When we came in from lunch, we watched our videos, group A’s and group B’s. They were pretty good. After we watched our movies, it was time to go.

So that was my day and that’s that.

2. April 27th, 2016 at 5:49 pm      Reply Aaron Says:

I enjoyed Screen Worlds because there were heaps of games e.g. Xbox Wiiu and PlayStation. I liked the costumes because they were just what we needed e.g. Alien costumes, police costumes and basketball costumes. I found the instructors were good at their job e.g.they were participating with us even when we were noisy.

3. April 27th, 2016 at 4:13 pm      Reply Mackenzie Says:

All of the 3/4 students went to ACMI in the city, we went on the school bus to get there. On the way there/the way back I sat next to my friends, then we got there. I was so excited. The group after the group that was filming got lots of really cool jobs to do on set.
    A few people got to hold the board that said QUIET ON SET and they had to yell that to the people behind the camera. A person got to talk to Sam up in the room where there was all the technology to make the sound effects work. Some other people got to hold the clip board in front of the camera. When it was my group, which was group A4, I was very nervous but so excited at the same time. It turned out to be great, it took a while to do it though. After lunch we got to watch our film and it was very good. When we got back to school I was a little bit sad because I loved it. I bet everyone felt the same as me, it was awesome but time to rest. When we got back and it was home time, so we left. It was one of the best days I ever had.

4. April 27th, 2016 at 7:56 am      Reply Reese Says:

5, 4, 3, 2, that’s just some of the things we did today, hmm where shall I start? Oh, I know,we were getting out of the bus. I was so excited I could hardly breathe.

We went to studio 1, we split up into groups. One group was filming first, the other was looking at Screen Worlds.

My group was looking at Screen Worlds, there were so many cool things a Zoetrope, video games and lots more!

When it was my turn to film, I quickly got changed for my act. I was part of the camera crew.

When it was my turn to do my act I had butterflies in my tummy, I was a ninja HUE YA!

When we got back to school and it was all over, I wished I could go back and do it all over again!

THANK YOU TO ALL THE TEACHERS THAT HELPED!

5. April 26th, 2016 at 8:32 pm      Reply Jorja Says:

On Tuesday I was excited to see everything. My favorite was the green screen. Screen Worlds was really good but the best was the black room. It had a tiny light. I thought I was going to lean on a wall but instead I fell over. I was Stacey. She is very popular.

6. April 26th, 2016 at 8:25 pm      Reply Olivia Says:

ACMI
    On Tuesday 19th of April, half of the 3/4’s went on an excursion in the city, the place was called ACMI.
    We were going to perform on a green screen, I was so excited I thought that I would explode!
    First of all group B went downstairs to this place called Screen Worlds. We had to find three things, 1 The Oscar. 2 The Toy Story animation. 3 A zoetrope.
    When we were free to explore I walked up to Toy Story characters, I found out the animation of Toy Story. The animation was 3D. Sadly, I didn’t find the Oscar. The good thing was I saw one of my favourite things, a zoetrope. It was a zoetrope of Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. The zoetrope had lots of characters on it, for example there were lots of Tigers on it, each model of the same character would be doing a different action. The zoetrope started to spin around, my heart was beating fast, the zoetrope got faster and faster until the lights flashed and all the characters looked like they were moving!
    When we exited Screen Worlds we went up stairs to film. We all got into our costumes and started filming. After we filmed we had lunch, and after lunch we got to watch our film. I thought everybody did well. After a long day we went back to school. I had a lot of fun.
    Olivia

7. April 26th, 2016 at 8:02 pm      Reply Ava Says:

On Tuesday half of the 3/4 year level went to ACMI. Each group made a short film. We had to get to school at 8:ooam. When we got there we sat down in a big room full of lights, TV’s, costumes, cameras and a huge green screen. Group A got to film first, group B, which is the one I was in, went down to Screen Worlds. Claire and I found this pitch black room with light going though the middle of the room, we were really scared because we couldn’t see where we were going. After that we swapped over with group A. My group was B4 so we were at the end. I got to use this thing I forgot what its called but you get to speak into the headphones that has a microphone and say, “Ready Sam.” He is the guy who controls the cameras and you wait a moment until he says, “Camera is rolling.” You say, “Mark it,” to the clap board people. When my group was up we went really well. After lunch we went back to ACMI and watched the film that we had made. It is Called The Magic Camera which was finished while we were eating lunch. The ACMI team put together all our videos. After that we walked to the bus and that was the end of the excursion. THANKS TEACHERS!!!!!!!!!!

8. April 26th, 2016 at 7:54 pm      Reply Ella Says:

On Tuesday the 19th of April we went to ACMI.
    I was very excited because I could perform on a green screen for the first time. The best bit about it was seeing how a green screen worked. I also enjoyed acting with my friends . My other two favourite parts of ACMI was going to the Screen Worlds room and watching clips of movies. My other favourite part of the day was watching all the acts at the end with all my friends in it. It was a very interesting day.

9. April 26th, 2016 at 7:31 pm      Reply Will Says:

On Tuesday we went to ACMI, everyone had a great time. My three highlights were the green screen, the Zoetrope and the Minecraft exhibit.
    I was in B2, that was in a grave yard and I was a ghost.I really liked how prepared the instructors were and how we got to act so quickly.
    I liked how you got to do a back stage job while you were waiting for your turn.
    They had a really high-tech camera that connected with the green screen.
    I really liked how we got to have an hour in Screen Worlds, then have an hour acting.

10. April 26th, 2016 at 7:29 pm      Reply Henry Says:

ACMI
    On Tuesday the 19th of April we went to ACMI. We went to studio 1, there were TV’s, clothes and technical equipment. We had playlunch, went back to studio 1 and got dressed for our video. Then B group made their video and A group went to the screen room. After this we had lunch and watched our movie at studio 1. It was really good and awesome.

11. April 26th, 2016 at 7:24 pm      Reply Isaac Says:

Grades 3/4 RS, 3/4 GT and some of 3/4 LB went on excursion to ACMI on the 19th of April. I felt excited when I arrived at ACMI because I enjoy acting and films. On the day we experienced great technology and the green screen that helped the video. During the day we had lunch breaks and went to a park. ACMI has lots of costumes that we were allowed to use for our film. We used some of our own costumes as well as ACMI’s. Screen Worlds had lots of games and knowledge about actors, there was a Mad Max Car. The best part of the day was making the film we made. It was great.

12. April 26th, 2016 at 6:21 pm      Reply Cooper Says:

It started off as a normal old day. We went on the bus at 8:20 before school started. The bus trip was fun because I could speak to my friends.

When we got off the bus the Year 3/4s walked into ACMI and it was really big. My group was A2 and our scene took place on a pirate ship. When it was our go, we walked up to the green screen and I liked how it was set up in the green screen room.

At lunch time my friends and I played tiggy. When we came back from lunch we watched our film that Sam made. I loved how Sam put the background into the film on the green screen.
    It was an AWESOME excursion!

13. April 26th, 2016 at 5:00 pm      Reply Mikayla Says:

I really liked ACMI. It was fun and educational. We learnt a lot about how people made movies. I liked how we got to be in a movie and dress up. The ACMI team were really nice. I was an alien. At the end we said, “Sam can we watch the movie please?”
    Sam said, ” All right and watch the movie.”
    He added the special effects it was awesome.

14. April 25th, 2016 at 8:22 pm      Reply Sam Says:

ACMI excursion

I really enjoyed the excursion to ACMI. I found out lots of things about how films are made. I found the technology they use amazing. The things that impressed me the most were
    Screen worlds. I liked how they had lots of fun games and cool stuff to look at.

Green screen
    I liked the way the green screen can add backgrounds.

Jobs behind the camera
    I liked the way I could have the ‘quiet on set’ job.

15. April 25th, 2016 at 8:02 pm      Reply Christos Says:

ACMI
    On Tuesday 19th of April I visited ACMI with my class mates. I was very excited because I was going to perform on a green screen, acting as a Ghost.
    Our performance went very well, I was very proud of my group. We went into the Screen World which was full of games.
    My favourite game was Minecraft on the Xbox 360. We all enjoyed ourselves.
    The excursion at ACMI was one of my favourites ever. Thank you to our teachers for taking us to ACMI.

16. April 25th, 2016 at 8:02 pm      Reply Luca Says:

ACMI
    Our excursion to ACMI on Tuesday the 19th of April 2016 was spectacular!
    My three favourite highlights were, how they were pre-prepared, the huge variety of costumes and to be able to preform on the stage.
    When we arrived at ACMI they were so prepared, they had everything ready for our production. All the materials for the filming were so interesting to look at, the green screen, the huge camera and the back stage crew played a big part in the day.
    It was great how they allowed us to wear the awesome, amazing and crazy costumes. I loved how I got to wear the crazy science coat and glasses.
    Performing on the ACMI stage was my huge highlight. I started off being nervous but when my nerves settled it was EPIC and I felt like a professional actor!
    Overall, I had a fantastic day and an experience I will never forget. Thanks ACMI and all the staff involved.

Luca

17. April 25th, 2016 at 7:24 pm      Reply Fionn Says:

Australian Centre for the Moving Image
    On Tuesday 19th of April 3/4RS, 3/4GT and half of 3/4LB went to ACMI. Each group made a film.
    The camera was massive and we had lots of fun making the film.
    When Group B was filming their videos, group A was in Screen Worlds. In Screen Worlds you had to find an Oscar Award and Toy Story characters.
    Screen Worlds was really fun. You got to play the Xbox 360, Xbox 1 and PS4.
    It even had a Mad Max car that looked really cool.
    There were a few computers that you got to play and some videos to watch.
    After we came back from Screen Worlds we went back to the studio and watched our films that we made. The movies we made looked really good when we watched them.

18. April 25th, 2016 at 7:05 pm      Reply Spencer Says:

ACMI
    On Tuesday we on an excursion to ACMI. ACMI stands for the Australian Center for the Moving Image. To get to school an hour before it normally starts was different. I was rushing in the morning to get ready. I got to school and I saw I was quite early. The bus trip was 54 mins, we arrived at ACMI. We went in to studio 1. We saw the giant green screen, the awesome camera and all the lights. We had a play with the green screen and green things (green boxes and green blankets). We went across Fed Square to a park that we played at. We came back and got changed for our movie The Magic Camera. I was an alien on the moon. I was all white and wore a mask. I did not speak real English, I spoke different things. Then we went to Screen Worlds. It had some cool stuff. It even had a real Oscar award! It had a game place were there were a few games. It also had some eye tricking things. We had lunch at the same place. We went back to watch our movie. It was great! We went back to school. I loved it!

19. April 25th, 2016 at 12:22 pm      Reply Jack Says:

On Tuesday, I went to ACMI.
    My favorite parts were the green screen, Screens Worlds, special effects and the editing. I liked the green screen because you can put different backgrounds in the movie.
    I also liked the special effects because it makes movies more interesting.
    I liked the editing because you get to change ideas. I liked watching the movie and I liked seeing Fed Square, it was fun.

20. April 24th, 2016 at 11:14 am      Reply Amelie Says:

Swimming competition.
    Tuesday, 19 April, I went to MSAC to swim at the school sport state competition. My race was the 50m backstroke my event was number 75, so mum and I got there a little bit later. I did a warm up in the inside pool because the competition was in the outdoor pool. (Both of the pools are very cold). Before my race I was very scared my legs were shaking. Then I did my race and I came first. I got a PB by 1 second. Even after the race my legs were shaking, it was really weird. I got my medal and my friends did well too.

21. April 24th, 2016 at 10:25 am      Reply Molly Says:

For our excursion we went to ACMI, and we made a sort film. Before the excursion we wrote and practised our lines and we organized a costume to wear. I played Stacy. We used a green
    screen and we had special jobs to do. At snack and lunch we went to a park and it was really fun. We went to screen world and it said how Toy Story was made. My favourite part was to watch it at the end.
    IT WAS THE BEST!!

22. April 22nd, 2016 at 3:54 pm      Reply Siena Says:

ACMI

On Tuesday half of the 3/4 year level went to ACMI (Australian Centre of the Moving Image). Everyone enjoyed themselves and had a great time.
    We had to go to school early. I was almost late for the bus, but I got there in the end.
    When we were at ACMI, we went into a large room full of TV’s, microphones, clothes, technical equipment, cameras and a HUGE green screen. The green screen felt a bit like velvet.
    While group A was being filmed, group B and I went downstairs to Screen Worlds. There was a zoetrope, which spun around with flashing lights so it looked like it was moving. It was really cool.
    Soon it was time to go upstairs so we could be filmed in a movie called ‘The Magic Camera’. I was Angie, who was a main character. I was up first in a scene where the kids found the magic camera.
    I also used the clap board.
    After lunch, we watched our movie. I think everyone acted very well, especially my group.
    I hope the 3/4 teachers plan another exciting and interesting excursion soon.

Siena